Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dinner In Italy, Improv Family Bonding, & Cards Against Humanity...


Shout-out to Kaari for her candid photos of kyle's purse loving one another...

yes we did the mirror shot. yes i
was confused.

Kyle's Purse had an official family dinner last night at Clarissa's. Not only does Classy Clarissa's place (as she's known by our improv clan) have the sickest views ever of the downtown skyline but some remarkable kitchen skill in meatball-making. Along with spaghetti, sauce, bread, salad, and hor douves-making, for that matter. The hostess with the mostess wasn't improvising either in being the evening's traditional Italian mama providing enough food for half of Italy nine weird-and-fun(ny) Americans, not ashamed in booze-bonding over damn good eats. Seriously, haven't had a meal that fab since going home for my own mother's cookin.' The best part? We learned improvisation together, therefore judgment does not exist in our tight-knit world; putting away soulful seconds in between the 240047 Shiners, Korbel, & Jack Daniels brought (and always guaranteed to be gone by Uber time) is second-nature for us.

clearly I suck at cameras... 
It's been a while since I've had cult time. Staying busy is nice. So are Forensic Files couch marathons requiring no pants at the abode I'm always grateful for, but that is incapable of providing human comfort needed by 20-somethings occasionally. Because, you know, sanity. The saying that improvisers are members of a (non-violent off the stage) cult is absolutely true. We'll always shout to the masses on how improv "has changed our lives" with excitement of border-line concern. But only improvisers understand this, we've all learned. Must be some gene we all share. 

More importantly, I haven't had any time with the goofballs I know who care about me and have my best interest at heart. Even when my social life may be on hiatus. Despite being witness to past behavior not even worthy of a Lohan, this hot mess is still appreciated. And loved. By open-minded people with intellect, questioning things and challenging others, in a manner only characteristic of the educated inspired just to live. Empathy for others is another strain in this shared "gene," but I thank God for that. We're emotional, eccentric, dramatic. But we love hard, and are passionate. (Obviously I was going to put a cheesy rhyme line here.)
when it all began... 

Alas, perhaps why the damn canker sores plaguing me recently (generally induced by stress) were nearly healed today is because I hung out with the only people on this planet to understand me on a whole other level. Coincidence? I think not. My day-to-days are unpredictable. Desiring my peaceful bed at day's end usually is the only predictable thing. Playing four hours worth of Cards Against Humanity with comedy people after a Tony Soprano dinner, and night resulting in so much fun that no stress or thoughts of first world life could exist.

awww... 
And that had me in bed by 5AM. Asleep at 6, thanks to Paco being dramatic while I Amazon'd the four other Cards Against Humanity editions, obviously. So my sleep schedule may be thrown off but Jessi gets home from Nashville in a few hours; I can't wait to catch her up on all my recent first world problems and newfound hobby. Because of course I love a card game only to be won by expert sarcasm and snark. 
Rush Limbaugh's soft, shitty body FTW!